Student Success Initiative
The Student Success Initiative aspires to retain more students, increase four- and six-year graduation rates and decrease disparities. Specifically, the following goals have been established for first-time in college freshmen entering in fall 2019:
- Increase first year retention from 92% to 95%
- Increase four year graduation rates from 54% to 65%
- Increase six year graduation rates from 82% to 85%
- Decrease achievement disparities described above, whether ethnic, first-generation college student status, gender, and socioeconomic.
Initial efforts will be to support programming for incoming freshmen. However, future years will focus on success at the sophomore, junior and senior year, incorporating more high-impact practices.
STUDENT SUCCESS INITIATIVE: Task Force Recommendations Report
Student Success Taskforce
Open Forum - Monday, November 5, 2018, 12 noon to 1 p.m., MSC 2400
- Dr. Cassandre Alvarado, University of Texas. June 27-28, 2018
- Dr. Timothy Renick, Georgia State University. September 10, 2018