FINAL Strategic Plan - PDF
We are embarking on the final phase of Vision 2020: Creating a Culture of Excellence, which articulates Texas A&M University's bold recognition of necessary institutional evolution required to achieve its mission as a land, sea, and space grant institution of global preeminence. Adopted in 1999, with an explicit vision for acceptance as a consensus leader among peer public institutions, more than 250 stakeholders worked to identify benchmarks, which if achieved, would enhance the value of Texas A&M to The Texas A&M University System, the State of Texas, and the nation.
The next five years will be critically important for Texas A&M University. The University as a whole − including all colleges and divisions − is currently formulating strategic plans for the period leading up to 2020. It is vital that all our planning efforts be as coordinated and inclusive as possible. To that end, the Office of the Provost, the Faculty Senate and the Council of Principal Investigators are jointly convening four planning forums, open to all faculty and staff and also broadcast by TTVN to our campuses outside College Station. The forums will be brown bag, with drinks provided.
Strategic Planning Process
Strategic Planning Process - PDF
Strategic Planning Open Forums
Forum 1 Tuesday, Feb. 10, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Rudder 601
Overview with discussion of university academic goals and measures of success
highlights of Forum 1 - PDF
presentation slides - PDF
Forum 2 Thursday, Feb. 26, 11:30 a.m. -1 p.m., Rudder 601
Dialogue on Texas A&M's strengths and inhibitors, both internal and external
highlights of Forum 2 - PDF
Forum 3 Friday, March 13, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Rudder 601
Dialogue on strategies for excellence at Texas A&M
highlights of Forum 3 - PDF
presentation slides - PDF
Forum 4 Wednesday, April 1, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Rudder 601
Summary with discussion of main points emerging from forums and electronic feedback.
Working Document for Discussion
As a starting point, we have posted a working document meant to stimulate feedback and discussion. We encourage you to participate fully in this planning process and emphasize that this document is only a starting point. How it is modified to plot the direction Texas A&M University will take over the next five years will depend on you and your input.
REVISED Working Document
ORIGINAL Working Document
Please send comments, questions, concerns or suggested modifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Forums for Input
The following dialogs have been or will be scheduled. Hosting organizations will send invitations.
- Annual Academic Department Heads Meeting - Friday, February 6, 1400 MSC
- College of Geosciences - Friday, February 6, 10:30-11:30, 110 O&M Building
- Distinguished Professors Executive Committee - Friday, February 6, Noon-1:30, University Club
- Liberal Arts Council Meeting - Wednesday, February 11, 3:00-4:00, 206A Coke Building
- College of Education and Human Development, Tuesday, February 17, 11:00-12:00, 801 Harrington
- Budget and planning retreat for Deans and Vice Presidents - Monday, February 23, 8:00-5:00, TBD
- Texas A&M AgriLife Leadership - Monday, April 6, 12:30-1:30, 2nd floor Conference Room, AgriLife
- Texas A&M University Libraries - Wednesday, April 8, 10:00-11:00, 204E Evans Library
- School of Law - Thursday, April 16, 12:00-1:30, School of Law campus in Fort Worth
- Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry, 3:00-4:30, TAMBCD campus in Dallas
- Texas A&M University at Qatar - Wednesday, April 22, time and location TBD in Doha
- (Proposed) Faculty Senate - Monday, May 11, 3:15-3:45, 601 Rudder
- (Proposed) Council of Principal Investigators - Wednesday, May 13, Noon-12:30, 601 Rudder
The following list provides links to resources that offer information related to our strategic planning effort.