Student Recruitment and Admissions
Texas A&M University is highly competitive with more than 60,000 applicants each year, across freshmen, transfer, and graduate admissions.
Freshmen admission occurs through one of three ways:
- automatic admission under the state’s Top 10% law,
- automatic academic admits must be in the Top 25% of their class and achieve SAT or ACT score minimums:
- New SAT: Total score of at least 1360 with at least 620 Math and 660 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW); or
- Old SAT: Composite score of at least 1300 (Math and Critical Reading) with at least 600 Math and 600 Critical Reading; or
- ACT: Composite score of at least 30 with at least 27 Math and 27 English.
- holistic, full-file review