To make recommendations to the president on all aspects of the campus built environment in support of the university's core missions of teaching, scholarship and research, and engagement as well as to support the realization of the goals contained in Vision 2020. The Council will advise on items including, but not limited to, the following:
- Policies and plans supportive of development of a built environment that enables and enhances the university's ability to support its mission as well as make progress toward the goals of Vision 2020.
- Prioritization, location, and funding of new construction.
- Methods of acquisition and financing of additional facilities.
- Prioritization of usage of existing space, renovation plans, and use of off-campus facilities.
- Support of and information to the Master Planning process.
- Prioritization of plans for campus regular and deferred maintenance.
Four standing sub-councils will report to the CBE: Design Review Sub-Council, Technical Review Sub-Council, Maintenance Sub-Council (the permanent manifestation of the current Task Force on Defered Maintenance), and a new Facilities Utilization Review Sub-Council. The purpose of these sub-councils is to provide analysis and expertise to the CBE prior to the CBE providing advice and recommendations on all decisions concerning the built environment of Texas A&M University.
Permanent, Non-Voting (9)
- Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (Co-Chair)
- Senior Vice President for Administration (Co-Chair)
- Chief Business Officer
- Assistant Vice President for Budget and Planning (President's Office)
- Chair, Design Review Sub-Council
- Chair, Technical Review Sub-Council
- Chair, Maintenance Sub-Council
- Chair Facilities Utilization Review Sub-Council
- Associate Athletic Director for Facilities
Term Appointments, Voting (10) & Non-Voting (2) are for 2 years (reappointment is possible; current term ending is shown below in parentheses)
Vice Presidents (2 voting)
- Jeffrey R. Seemann, vice president for research (FY11)
- LTG Joe Weber, USMC (ret), vice president for student affairs (FY12)
Deans (2 voting)
- Jorge Vanegas, dean, College of Architecture (FY11)
- Kate Miller, dean, College of Geosciences (FY12)
Faculty Representatives (2 voting)
- Faculty Senate Representative - Clint Magill, professor, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (FY11)
- Faculty Senate Representative - Mark Clayton, professor, College of Architecture (FY12) (nonvoting in first year)
- Council of Principal Investigators Representative - Mladen Kezunovic, professor, College of Engineering (FY12)
Students (2 voting)
- Student Government Representative - Konrad Johnson (FY11)
- Student Government Representative - Scott Bowen (FY12) (nonvoting in first year)
- Graduate Student Council Representative - Drew Shelnutt (FY11)
TAMUS Agency - CS (1 voting)
- William A. Dugas, associate vice chancellor for agriculture and life sciences, The Texas A&M University System (FY11)
University Staff Council (1 voting)
- Jeannie Laird, associate director, Admissions and Records (FY12)