Published on Wed 02/24/21
Five Texas A&M University scholars have earned the university’s highest faculty honor by being named University Distinguished Professors. The 2021 class of University Distinguished Professors includes faculty from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, and Texas A&M University at Galveston.
The University Distinguished Professor designation identifies faculty members who are considered pre-eminent in their own field, have made at least one transformational contribution or substantial intellectual leap forward in their discipline, and have made a major impact in their field.
University Distinguished Professors retain their current title but add the new distinction, along with additional salary support during the summer for three years, and an annual bursary of $5,000 for five years.
The 2021 University Distinguished Professors are:
- Girish Agarwal, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Noah Cohen, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Yassin Hassan, Department of Nuclear Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Peter Santschi, Department of Marine and Coastal Environmental Science, Texas A&M University at Galveston
- Chanan Singh, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
For more information about this year’s University Distinguished Professors, click here.