Published on Mon 12/07/20
The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents has named seven Texas A&M University faculty members as the 2020 Regents Professor recipients.
The Regents Professor title was created in 1996 by the Texas A&M Board of Regents. The Board of Regents of The Texas A&M University System honors individuals at the rank of professor or equivalent whose distinguished performance in teaching, research, and service has been exemplary. The award is the highest honor bestowed by the A&M System on faculty members. The performance of those selected is considered meritorious and worthy of recognition for their impact on not only their institution or agency, but also the community, the state of Texas, and/or at the national and international levels.
Being designated as a Regents Professor is the highest System-wide honor, carrying with it significant responsibilities. Regents Professors are to function as role models within the Texas A&M University System and devote appropriate service to System-wide activities, both ceremonial and professional, when requested to do so by their chief executive officer and/or the chancellor.
The 2020 Regents Professor Texas A&M University faculty members are:
• Jane Bolin, professor, College of Nursing, and Department of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health
• Yassin Hassan, professor, Department of Nuclear Engineering, College of Engineering
• Patrick Louchouarn, professor, Department of Marine and Coastal Environmental Science, Texas A&M University at Galveston
• Bhimanagouda Patil, professor, Department of Horticulture Sciences, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
• Christine Stanley, professor, Department of Educational Administration and Human Resource Development, College of Education and Human Development
• David Threadgill, university distinguished professor, Department of Molecular and Cellular Medicine, College of Medicine, and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
• Peter Yu, professor, School of Law